Step into the SADS Spotlight and share your story! You’ll provide encouragement and a sense of community for others who have your condition.
Simply fill out the questionnaire below. You’re welcome to answer all the questions, or just choose your favorites—whatever makes you comfortable. We recommend keeping your answers brief. If you find you have a lot to say, consider writing a longer post for us. Be sure to check out our guidelines for writers.
We encourage you to use your full name. But if you’re not comfortable being public about your medical information, you’re welcome to use just your first name, your initials, a nickname, or a pseudonym.
Photos really help bring these stories to life, and we’d love to see a photo of you or your family. But if you’d rather not get that personal, you’re welcome to submit a different photo that highlights something meaningful to you—a sunset, your garden, your cat, your feet in the ocean, etc.
To submit your answers and photos, email SADSblog@sads.org.
Provide whatever information you are comfortable sharing publicly.
- Which SADS condition do you have?
- When were you diagnosed?
- How are you treated? (Beta blocker, ICD, etc.)
Answer at least 3 of the following questions. Of course, you’re welcome to answer all of them! Try to keep your answers brief.
- How/when were you diagnosed?
- What has been the biggest challenge you’ve faced in living with your diagnosis?
- What is one positive thing that has come out of your diagnosis?
- What encouragement or advice would you give someone who has just been diagnosed with your condition?
- What does your day-to-day life look like?
- What are your favorite hobbies and activities?